Perform functions to supervise hourly work force engaged in the manufacturing of Company products.
Second Shift: 2:48p.m. – 11:00p.m.
- Accept responsibility for your safety and the safety of others by using safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Actively participate in 5S and STOP activities.
- Ensure required PPE is available and worn properly
- Participate in the development of JSA procedures and ensure employees are following these procedures
- Supervise the activities of the department; assist with training, support and guidance; contribute to the performance evaluation process; determine the department’s staffing requirements consistent with the volume and budget levels, authorizing overtime as necessary
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and direct setup and adjustments of machines
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Evaluate and prioritize work orders to assure on-time delivery
- Ability to perform activities of those supervised
- Ensure employees are meeting output standards and customer demand
- Schedules machine time, eliminating unnecessary down time
- Ensures productivity is completed at efficient levels by measuring cost of quality, on-time delivery, revenue per team member, and cycle time.
- Investigate and recommend manufacturing processes in order to improve efficiency.
- Conduct safety audits/inspections
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college, technical school, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Experience with injection molding machines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package that includes: medical, dental, 401(k), short and long term disability, paid vacation, sick and personal time and tuition reimbursement
- A safety focused, enriching, and team oriented work environment