Perform duties to maintain and repair a variety of production and plant facility equipment and assist supervisor with ordering parts, standardizing components and maintaining repair part inventories.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assist in engineering, developing, constructing and installing test equipment and fixturing.
- Perform periodic tests or checks of all electrical equipment.
- Maintain plant water treatment system and equipment, take samples as scheduled and make adjustments as needed. (dependent on facility)
- Perform repairs and calibrate electrical and/or electronic instruments.
- Responsible to work to performance / output standards per work instructions to meet departmental expectations and customer demand.
- Responsible to maintain attendance and punctuality per company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units such as: motors, gear boxes, clutches, bearings and electrical units as needed, reassemble and final equipment adjustments.
- Perform equipment regularly scheduled preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Work closely with production personnel on equipment repairs.
- Set short term priorities in responding to plant breakdowns and emergency situations and work on off shifts as directed.
- Perform program changes and make diagnostic checks on production and facility equipment as needed.
- Install and hook-up manufacturing equipment as assigned.
- Perform regular checks on all building equipment such as sprinkler system, pumps, chillers, compressors, and power systems as required.
- Lay out circuits and install electrical wiring systems to handle required loads for various parts of the plant, run lines, make connections, install proper safety devices and provide for necessary outlets and switches.
- Responsible to work per schedule and have prior approvals before working any overtime.
- Fabricate and machine parts as required and requisition repair parts as needed.
- Assist outside contractors on on-site projects.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Completion of basic hydraulic and electrical courses.
- At least four years related experience.
- Experience with various powered industrial vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.