The Dickson facility has an opening for a Machine (Process) Technician on 2nd shift (2:48pm – 11:00pm).
Perform duties to assist Supervisor to maintain the flow of work and to ensure product quality and quantity is achieved by performing setups and startups of injection molding machines. Troubleshoot manufacturing processes and secondary production operations.
- Accept responsibility for your safety and the safety of others by using safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and monitor production lines and tooling modifications and repairs.
- Monitor production to ensure customer specifications and established quality standards are maintained.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders. Monitor and confer with Supervisor to update all processing parameters on Bill of Materials, cycle sheets, etc.
- Select and audit products during processing to ensure adherence to quality standards such as dimensions and performance.
- Supply approved first-piece parts to Production Supervisor or designee to ensure current quality standards are met.
- Perform moisture analysis of material as needed, taking into account shift usage and available dry resin.
- May supervise Machine Operators to ensure quality production of parts.
- Responsible to work to performance/output standards per work instructions to meet departmental expectations and customer demand.
- Responsible to maintain attendance and punctuality per company policies and procedures.
- Requisition material required to meet production goals.
- Communicate and work with Supervisor to determine production priorities based on daily shift activities.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Assist with setup of lines, machines, and equipment and with material and die/mold changes.
- Perform essential duties of Machine Operator.
- Responsible to work per schedule and have prior approval before working overtime.
- Recommend measures to improve production efficiencies, equipment optimization, scrap minimization, and quality improvements.
- Notify Supervisor and/or Maintenance Department of unusual problems.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- At least 1 year of processing experience in injection molding environment.
- Forklift experience.
- Knowledge of variety of production equipment, power tools, and hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.