Perform duties to construct, assemble prototype molds and maintain, alter and repair production molds and polish to very close tolerances.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Take mold from cut surface to #2 diamond polish finish.
- Plan production procedures and methods; plan the setup and operation of various machine shop tools considering types of materials, tolerances, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Select materials and determine sequence of operations, gating, shrinking allowance and tooling needs.
- Use precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspections before, during, and after machining.
- Devise mechanisms to meet special requirements; inspect sample or broken machine part, plan repair method.
- Disassemble & inspect worn molds to determine nature and extent of repair and make necessary repairs to return mold to service.
- Fit and assemble mold parts, tools, and dies. Sets up, runs off, and tests molds to produce a product meeting specifications, trace die difficulties to their source and make any necessary modifications.
- Responsible to work to performance/output standards per work instructions to meet departmental expectations and customer demand.
- Report equipment malfunction, material discrepancies and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Responsible to participate in and contribute to cost saving opportunities through lean manufacturing.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years experience with injection mold polishing work
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply concepts of shop math, algebra and geometry
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or blueprint form
- Ability to work patiently to achieve the necessary precision demanded by the profession
- Must have personal tools and measuring equipment required for the trade
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.