Perform duties to assist supervisor to maintain the flow of work and to ensure product quality and quantity is achieved by performing set ups and start ups of injection mold machines; troubleshoot abilities required as needed.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Request, evaluate, and monitor thermoforming lines and tooling modifications and repairs.
- Monitor production to ensure customer specifications and established quality standards are maintained.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders. Monitors and confers with supervisor to update all processing parameters on Bill of Materials, cycle sheets, etc.
- Selects and audits products during processing to ensure adherence to quality standards such as dimensions and performance.
- Supply approved first piece off parts to supervisor or designee to ensure current quality standards are met.
- May supervise machine operators to ensure quality production of parts.
- Responsible to work to performance / output standards per work instructions to meet departmental expectations and customer demand.
- Responsible to maintain attendance and punctuality per company policies and procedures.
- Requisitions material required to meet production goals.
- Communicate and work with supervisor to determine production priorities based on daily shift activities.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Sets up machines and equipment and assists with die/mold changes.
- Performs essential duties of machine operator.
- Responsible to work per schedule and have prior approvals before working any overtime.
- Recommends measures to improve production efficiencies, equipment optimization, scrap minimization, and quality improvements.
- Notify supervisor and/or maintenance department of unusual problems.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar environment.
- Forklift experience.
- Knowledge of variety of production equipment, power tools and hand tools.