Perform duties to program CNC blanking and bending equipment, design and purchase CNC punching and bending tools, provide CNC tooling and part cost estimates for customer quotes, create and modify part production drawings using AutoCAD, provide technical support and work with design engineers and customers to design products for CNC manufacturing process.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support to all production operations.
- Interact with engineering and production staff to solve production-related problems.
- Perform CNC programming for all production equipment.
- Review work orders and related paperwork to plan CNC equipment set ups.
- Translate instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program. (dependent on facility)
- Check completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepare geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determine sequence of operations in a program.
- Analyze job order and perform necessary calculations. (dependent on facility)
- Write programs and modify existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyze and select speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Make improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplify tooling time for workers and increase productivity for the client.
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- Certification from a technical school, or at least 8 years’ experience in CNC programming, or a combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability using CAD software
- Experience with CAM Software (ability to write programs from 2D or 3D models)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of shop math, algebra and geometry
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or blueprint form
- Ability to work patiently to achieve the necessary precision demanded by the profession
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills