Plans, coordinates and manages the quality assurance program designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate and participate in safety initiatives as designated.
- Formulate and maintain quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Oversee Quality Management System and or ISO 9001 program to maintain compliance with corporate quality initiatives, including internal facilitation and direct interface with outside consultants/facilitators and registrars.
- Manage incoming sampling/inspection of supplied materials; assuring non-conforming materials are removed from facility.
- Qualify new Technicians and Inspectors in quality control and ISO procedures, methods, and standards, as well as product knowledge and company policy. Assure all training and qualifications are documented.
- Oversee facility Field Service Report process and work to provide timely completion.
- Monitor quality performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Serve as facility contact for regulatory agencies in regard to quality matters.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Work with new product design, development, and sampling.
- Have direct contact with customers in regard to complaints, returns, and issues resulting from non-conforming products.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Develop or implement quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to detect quality issues.
- Prepare and maintain production reports or personnel records.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility, or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- College degree
- Four years of managerial/supervisory experience in a quality/manufacturing environment
- ISO 9001 implementation experience, lead auditing preferred
- Six Sigma, TQM knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in statistical software (i.e. Mini-Tab) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills