Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of industrial plant, or other establishment.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develops preventative maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff. Ensure safety, job needs and specifications are maintained.
- Coordinates and schedules the regular inspection and maintenance of fire systems and related equipment, disposal of hazardous wastes, and maintains hazardous waste emergency spill equipment.
- Supervises department, provides training of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures; provides support/guidance, conducts performance evaluation.
- Determines the departments manning requirements consistent with the volume and budget levels authorizing overtime, as necessary.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance, inspection, and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with engineers.
- Works with the HR Liaison at local facility to communicate and support policies and procedures.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Creates, manages and directs building and equipment preventive maintenance plans and activities using MP2 maintenance software.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment spare parts inventory and managing tool crib.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, supplies, and spare parts required for operations.
- Confers with engineering manager & quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Obtains quotes, schedules and directs maintenance resources for purchasing and installing new and replacement equipment and parts.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- College degree or university program certification.
- 2 to 4 Years of experience in similar environment as Supervisor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proficiency with multimeter, micrometers, calipers, milling machine, drill press, grinder, scales, forklift, and hand tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as they pertain to this position.
- Excellent written and verbal skills